Lash Tutorial - 5 ways to improve your lashing!
I hope lockdown is treating you as well as can be.. Hopefully Monday we will shed some light to the end of the tunnel!
As promised today I am covering 5 nice & easy things you can look at to improve your technique. Lets get suck in with them!
- Tweezer grip.. Sorrrrrry if you are sick of seeing about grip but I’m hoping by the time we return to work you will never hold your tweezers with two fingers again 😊 It is super important & quite often ignored but has a huge impact on improving your techniques. Why? It will improve your control over tweezers & having nothing but a positive impact on your holding of your lash fans! Its most important for Russian fanning techniques but use it in your classic techniques too to get you into the habit – I always encourage my students to use a 3-finger grip, no mater what!
- Tweezer Biting point.. I have mentioned this on a couple of previous videos but not really explained much about it. I’ve included a simple task in this video to help you find your tweezer biting point & would recommend to do this each time you try a new pair of tweezers- simply use your tweezers to pick up one singular lash (.07 or below in thickness) start at the very tip of our tweezers and work further down each time you pick up a singular lash- to see where your tweezers closes the tightest. Being aware of this biting point will help you greatly in any technique when picking up your lash, try & see for yourself!
- Glue Blob.. Keep it fresh! End of 😊 well more so, ensure it is in a dome & not too flat to ensure your get the correct pick up of glue.
- Glue dip.. Ensure you sweep into the glue dome & out the same way, take your time, don’t drag the glue & keep your glue amount to a minimal.. This will also help to maintain the freshness of the glue blob!
- Tweezer angle.. Ensure that your angle of pick up is at a right angle to your lash – or inline with the sticky bit on your lash strip. This will ensure you have a even surface picking up the lash & will help to keep your singles or fans in place.
I hope you enjoy this weeks episode & find it useful! Tag us in your #fluffyfridays vids & don’t forget to save this post for a later day if you’re busy today.
Enjoy your weekend & see you next week